First of all, this is NOT a paid post. I’m not trying to sell you anything. As a stay-at-home mom, I’m always looking for ways to earn a little extra cash without taking too much time away from my kids. Then, I discovered Neighbor storage. It’s the Airbnb of storage. Check it out!
Alright, let’s get to the point. I use a website called Neighbor. It’s peer-to-peer storage company. Hosts (like myself) can rent extra space around their house like basements, closets, garages, and RV pads to others in their community. For renters, Neighbor is 50% cheaper than traditional self storage. Here’s how it works in three steps:
Step #1: Find a space you want to rent
I currently rent two RV pads and half of my garage. These are three areas on my property that we NEVER use. You can rent out a closet, a bedroom, an attic, garage or RV pad.
Step #2: Take pictures and post it
Okay, I lied, you might have to lift a couple fingers to clean up your storage space that you want to rent, take pictures and post it. But after that, you literally don’t have to do anything at all! Plus, if you live in certain locations, a Neighbor representative will come to your house, take pictures and post your space for you! I did it for one of my spaces and it was awesome. So freaking easy.
Step #3: Sit back and watch the money roll in
Once someone is interested in your space, you will receive a text message. Usually I just accept their request to rent the space right away. You will receive your first payment via Stripe after they have used your space for at least one month.
Earn $50 right now!
So, Neighbor storage has this sweet referral program. Basically, just click here and either become a host or a renter. You and I will both earn 50 bucks! Nice huh.
Neighbor storage FAQ
- How much money have you earned? With my three spaces combined, I am earning $200/month. That’s $2,400 per year of fun money!
- How easy is it to rent your space? I haven’t had any longer than a two-week gap from when a renter leaves and a new one starts renting.
- How much do I list my space for? When you list your space, Neighbor automatically gives you some suggested prices but you can choose based on size, location and features.
- How does Neighbor make money? They tack on a service fee to the price of your rental space. For me, it’s like $10 per space.
- Are renters required to stay a minimum amount of days? No. I have had people leave their RV on our space for just one week.
- Do I have to re-post my space every time a renter leaves? Nope! Your ad is automatically re-listed on Neighbor’s website. You don’t have to do a thing.
- What if my property is damaged? Neighbor provides a $2 million host guarantee in the event that your own home owner’s insurance does not cover the cost.
If you have any additional questions, checkout Neighbor’s frequently asked questions for hosts and renters.
So, check out Neighbor storage today! Become a host or a renter. You won’t regret it.
Related link: 17 easy summertime backyard ideas