25+ kid-friendly and easy April Fools Day pranks the whole family will love
Oh my heck. April Fools Day is the best excuse to play some harmless pranks on the ones you love. But you don’t have to go to elaborate lengths to pull a prank. Here’s 25 prank ideas that even your kids can help out with. Everyone will be in stitches. Check it out!
When I was a kid, my sister played a pretty sneaky prank on my dad. However, it went a little bit too far and ever since then, my dad didn’t like April Fools Day. That’s why I like the kind of pranks that are non-consequential and make everyone smile in the end. Here’s 25 prank ideas that will start your month of April off on the right foot.
April Fools Day Food pranks
- Cheese sandwich: Place slice of cheese in a sandwich but don’t take off the cellophane wrapper.
- Spider Pizza: Put some toy plastic spiders on a pizza before you bring it home to your family
- Minty Oreos: Replace the cream inside a box of Oreos with toothpaste
- Brussel Sprout Cake Pops: Replace the cake balls with a brussel sprouts and then cover with chocolate and sprinkles
- Chocolate Milk Surprise: Fill a an empty carton of chocolate milk with water and food coloring
- Tabasco Dessert: Add a health dose of Tabasco sauce to your favorite cookie or brownie recipe
- Sugar and Pepper: Replace the salt shaker with sugar
- Jello Toothbrush: Put your loved one’s toothbrush, razor or any other essential item in Jello
Around the house pranks
- Hide-a-key: Place the keys to the car in an obvious but hard-to-reach spot in the house (preferably requiring a ladder to retrieve)
- Baby Shark: Switch your loved ones cell phone ring tone to the Baby Shark song or Hit me baby one more time.
- Alarm clock: Set an alarm clock to 3 a.m. and hide it under the bed, he he.
- Slime Sneeze: Pretend to sneeze during dinner and drop a small handful of green slime or Oobleck from your hands onto the table
- You’ve won!: Write a convincing letter that your loved one has won a prize or some money and place it in the mailbox
- Mail carrier surprise: Put a wrapped present in the mailbox and put a snake inside and add some treats too with a note that says, “Happy April Fools Day. Thanks for being a good sport.”
- Stuffed Shoes: Add a clump of toilet paper or paper towel to the inside of a pair of shoes so they are too small to put on
- Treasure Hunt Mayhem: Hide your loved one’s cell phone and then create a complicated and difficult treasure hunt in order to find it
- Hairy Bedtime Surprise: Place a life-like hairy mouse under the bedsheets of your spouse’s side of the bed.
- Microwave mayhem: Hang a large, smiling photo of yourself inside the microwave
- Family photo fun: Replace all the photos of your family with a different family’s photos and see how long it takes for your family to notice.
- Dwight Shrute: Put a life-size cardboard cutout of Dwight Shrute inside your shower for a friendly morning surprise
Amazon Prime Pranks
- Shock Pen: Give your friends a surprise when you ask them for their autograph
- Fake Vomit: Place this item right on the dinner table
- Poop and bugs: Strategically place these items in the bathroom around the toilet
- Screaming chicken: Put this annoyingly loud chicken under the couch cushion
- Rubber Snake: Hide this snake in the dishwasher
- Fart spray: Release this unsavory scent when leaving an elevator
- No-rip toilet paper: Hang this in your bathroom
- Plastic hot dog: Put this fake toy in a real hot dog bun with all the fixin’s
What other April Fools Day prank ideas do you have? Leave them in the comments below. Enjoy!
Related link: Hop! Print your free Easter activity page