Oh my heck. April Fools Day is the best excuse to play some harmless pranks on the ones you love. But you don’t have to go to elaborate lengths to pull a prank. Here’s 25 prank ideas that even your kids can help out with. Everyone will be in stitches. Check it out!
When I was a kid, my sister played a pretty sneaky prank on my dad. However, it went a little bit too far and ever since then, my dad didn’t like April Fools Day. That’s why I like the kind of pranks that are non-consequential and make everyone smile in the end. Here’s 25 prank ideas that will start your month of April off on the right foot.
April Fools Day Food pranks
- Cheese sandwich: Place slice of cheese in a sandwich but don’t take off the cellophane wrapper.
- Spider Pizza: Put some toy plastic spiders on a pizza before you bring it home to your family
- Minty Oreos: Replace the cream inside a box of Oreos with toothpaste
- Brussel Sprout Cake Pops: Replace the cake balls with a brussel sprouts and then cover with chocolate and sprinkles
- Chocolate Milk Surprise: Fill a an empty carton of chocolate milk with water and food coloring
- Tabasco Dessert: Add a health dose of Tabasco sauce to your favorite cookie or brownie recipe
- Sugar and Pepper: Replace the salt shaker with sugar
- Jello Toothbrush: Put your loved one’s toothbrush, razor or any other essential item in Jello
Around the house pranks
- Hide-a-key: Place the keys to the car in an obvious but hard-to-reach spot in the house (preferably requiring a ladder to retrieve)
- Baby Shark: Switch your loved ones cell phone ring tone to the Baby Shark song or Hit me baby one more time.
- Alarm clock: Set an alarm clock to 3 a.m. and hide it under the bed, he he.
- Slime Sneeze: Pretend to sneeze during dinner and drop a small handful of green slime or Oobleck from your hands onto the table
- You’ve won!: Write a convincing letter that your loved one has won a prize or some money and place it in the mailbox
- Mail carrier surprise: Put a wrapped present in the mailbox and put a snake inside and add some treats too with a note that says, “Happy April Fools Day. Thanks for being a good sport.”
- Stuffed Shoes: Add a clump of toilet paper or paper towel to the inside of a pair of shoes so they are too small to put on
- Treasure Hunt Mayhem: Hide your loved one’s cell phone and then create a complicated and difficult treasure hunt in order to find it
- Hairy Bedtime Surprise: Place a life-like hairy mouse under the bedsheets of your spouse’s side of the bed.
- Microwave mayhem: Hang a large, smiling photo of yourself inside the microwave
- Family photo fun: Replace all the photos of your family with a different family’s photos and see how long it takes for your family to notice.
- Dwight Shrute: Put a life-size cardboard cutout of Dwight Shrute inside your shower for a friendly morning surprise
Amazon Prime Pranks
- Shock Pen: Give your friends a surprise when you ask them for their autograph
- Fake Vomit: Place this item right on the dinner table
- Poop and bugs: Strategically place these items in the bathroom around the toilet
- Screaming chicken: Put this annoyingly loud chicken under the couch cushion
- Rubber Snake: Hide this snake in the dishwasher
- Fart spray: Release this unsavory scent when leaving an elevator
- No-rip toilet paper: Hang this in your bathroom
- Plastic hot dog: Put this fake toy in a real hot dog bun with all the fixin’s
What other April Fools Day prank ideas do you have? Leave them in the comments below. Enjoy!
Related link: Hop! Print your free Easter activity page